Making sure that the roof of your St. Paul, MN home is in good shape is one of the most important tasks of owning a home. A roof that is in need of repair is one that is vulnerable to all kinds of problems, from structure issues to leak issues. The last thing you want to do is ignore the need for roof repair as this can end up costing you an even larger amount of money as the issues worsen.
Calling a roofing company like Midwest Exteriors Plus is important if you suspect your roof is in need of repair.
Signs That You Are in Need of Roof Repair
There are several signs that you can look for that indicate your St. Paul home is most likely in need of roof repairs. The following are some of the signs Midwest Exteriors recommends you look for:
- Curling or Clawing – If your shingles have begun to curl or claw, it is usually a sign that your roof has begun to age. It could also be due to exposure to excessive heat. Either way, if your shingles are curling or clawing, they’ll be more susceptible to ice damage or wind uplift.
- Missing Granules – A roof system that contains poorly placed downspouts, a valley drainage that was poorly designed, or that lacks eavestrough can result in the granules on your shingles washing away over time. The granules are necessary to protect the roof from exposure to the sun. Without them, your shingles will age quicker and be more susceptible to leaks.
- Buckling – Shingles that have buckled are very susceptible to ice and wind damage and can be easily torn off.
- Missing or Broken Shingles – If you see any broken shingles or missing shingles, then your roof will be more susceptible to leaks.
- Water Damage – If you notice any water damage or water spots on your ceilings, it means that there are leaks in your roof.
- Light Penetration – If you can see light penetrating through your attic ceiling, there is damage to your roof.
Have Your Roof Inspected
While you can check for roof damage yourself, it’s a good idea to have your roof inspected by a reputable St. Paul roofing company at least once a year. Midwest Exteriors Plus’ experts are highly trained in roof inspections and repairs. We have been designated as a GAF Master Elite Contractor and an Owens Corning Platinum Contractor.
If your St. Paul home is in need of roof repair, don’t make the mistake of putting it off! Contact Midwest Exteriors Plus today to schedule a roof inspection for your home.