Your home’s exterior endures a barrage of elements the year round, from humid summer weather to long, bitterly-cold winters. Regular home-exterior maintenance is suggested to keep up your home’s curb appeal and to protect the cladding from wear and damage, such as rot, pest infestation and mold.
Though, regardless of the amount of care you give your home, sooner or later you may be faced with the decision to repaint or install long-lasting siding. Use these helpful tips from your Twin Cities siding company to help you make the right decision.
Repainting Your Home
Fresh paint can certainly spruce up your home. However, you will need to consider the condition of your home’s cladding to determine if painting is feasible or your best option. For example, if you have wood cladding that is rotting, inefficient, mold ridden or if you’re worried about pest infestation, you are probably better off installing durable siding for your home.
On the other hand, if your home’s exterior is still sound and in good condition, repainting your home’s exterior will be the less expensive option in the short run. Still, you should consider the long-term, or lifetime costs, or repainting through the years, as opposed to installing low-maintenance siding. Painting is much more labor intensive, especially if you plan to DIY.
Home Siding Options
When it comes to your home’s beauty, energy efficiency and a durable exterior, installing home siding is a favorable choice. Siding has a well-earned reputation for strength, availability of materials and colors, and requiring less maintenance than painted exteriors. Following are popular types of siding from your favorite Twin Cities siding company:
- Vinyl: Advancements in vinyl siding technology make this material more popular than ever. Vinyl siding is resistant to fading and pests and easy to clean.
- Fiber cement: Fiber cement siding is available in a wide variety of styles and colors. Fiber cement requires very little maintenance, and it’s impervious to pests, rot and fire.
- Seamless steel: Select seamless steel siding uses premium grade ceramic coatings, which are Energy Star rated for energy efficiency.
- Engineered wood: Engineered wood gives you the beauty of traditional wood, while offering greater durability and protection from termites and fungal decay.
- Insulated siding: If you want maximum energy efficiency for lower energy bills and greater comfort, consider insulated siding available in board & batten, shake and stone.
For more information about painting vs. siding your home, contact the premiere Twin Cities siding company Midwest Roofing, Siding & Windows. We’ve served Minneapolis/St Paul homeowners for more than 40 years.
[button link=”https://www.midwestplus.com/siding-options-minneapolis/” color=”default” size=”” type=”” shape=”” target=”_self” title=”” gradient_colors=”|” gradient_hover_colors=”|” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” shadow=”” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ alignment=”left” class=”” id=””]Siding Options for Your Home[/button]