You don’t have to be handy at fixing things in order to keep a good set of tools around. Every homeowner should have at least a basic set for doing small repairs, like tightening kitchen cabinet handles or fixing a leaky faucet. This saves you from having to call a repair contractor every time something goes wrong in your Maple Grove home.
Basic Home Tools
Not sure what to get? Here are some basic tools to put on your list to purchase:
- Screwdriver Set—This will come in handy for a variety of minor fixes around your Maple Grove home. A basic set typically includes a few different sizes of Phillips- and flat-head screwdrivers. If you have kids, you will get plenty of use out of them to open up battery compartments on toys.
- Hammer—A claw hammer is necessary for basic assembly of different items or for pounding nails in the walls to hang artwork or pictures. The claw part lets you easily pull nails out when necessary.
- Crescent Wrenches—You’ll want to get different sizes of adjustable wrenches, in 6″ and 10″ lengths. The longer handle makes it easier to loosen or tighten nuts, while the shorter handle enables you to adjust nuts that are in smaller spaces that are harder to get to.
- Pliers—A good set of pliers lets you twist or cut wires and grip objects, such as pipes. A good set includes slip-joint, tongue-and-groove, side-cutting, and needle-nose pliers.
- Tape Measure—A tape measure is an essential part of any toolbox. This tool allows you to make accurate measurements for any home improvement project.
- Handsaw—You can use a handsaw for a number of things, including cutting lumber to use for building projects or trimming door jambs to stop doors from sticking.
- Utility Knife—A utility knife is a basic tool that you will use again and again for opening boxes, precision cutting, or shaving wood.
- Flashlight—Necessary for when the lights go out or for seeing in dark, tight spots you are working in, a flashlight is a basic necessity.
Already have the tools you need? Any of the tools on this list would make a great gift for a friend who’s just starting a tool collection or someone who is moving into their first apartment or home. A basic set of tools is a gift that will last a lifetime.
Saving your new tools for special projects or minor repairs? Let a Maple Grove contractor at Midwest Exteriors Plus use ours to handle bigger home improvement projects for you, like painting or remodeling. We offer a variety of interior and exterior contractor services, which are performed by highly skilled remodeling experts.
Contact Maple Grove contractor, Midwest Exteriors Plus for any of your home remodeling projects.