Roof replacement is no easy job. It’s also not cheap. As such, it’s important that you find a reputable contractor that’s up to the task. A poor roof replacement will leave your roof vulnerable to future damage and can shorten the expected lifespan as a result. Unfortunately, identifying whether a roof replacement was done properly or not can only be done once the roof starts exhibiting issues.
Identifying a Poor Roof Replacement
Contractors who do a poor roof replacement often do a poor job because they are inexperienced or because they are trying to cut corners in order to save overhead costs. For example, a less reputable contractor might not install an underlayment in order to get the roof installation done faster. However, this will leave your roof more vulnerable to leaks. Poor roof installations are likely going to result in all kinds of issues. Shingles and flashing are more likely to be damaged and torn off during inclement weather, requiring you to pay more money for repairs as a result.
Identifying a Good Roofer
The most effective way to prevent a poor roof replacement is to make sure you hire a good roofing contractor. The following are a few tips for how to find a trustworthy and reliable roofing contractor that will ensure that your roof is properly replaced:
- Local experience – Look for a roofer that has experience in your area. Out of town roofers may not be familiar with the Minnesota climate. The more experience a roofer has, the less likely they are to do a poor roof replacement job.
- Positive customer reviews – Finding customer reviews is relatively easy these days. Just go on Google, Facebook, Yelp, or Angie’s List to look up reviews. Be wary of roofers with poor reviews or little to no reviews.
- References – A reputable roofer will be happy to provide you with a list of references that you can contact.
- License and insurance – A professional roofer should be licensed and fully insured to work in Minnesota. Contractors who are not may not understand local building codes and regulations.
- Thorough evaluations – A roofer should perform a thorough inspection of your existing roof to be able to provide an accurate estimate.
- Detailed paperwork – A reputable roofer will include all terms and conditions that you’ve agreed upon in a contract.
To ensure that you pay for a quality roof replacement, contact us at Midwest Exteriors Plus for a free estimate today.