If your Eden Prairie home sustains unexpected roof damage, you cannot simply wait until you can “afford” to have it fixed. The average cost to reroof a 1,600-square-foot asphalt shingle roof in the Eden Prairie area can run anywhere from $8,500 up to $15,000, which is far more than most emergency funds can handle. The solution is roof financing and Midwest Exteriors Plus can help.
An Eden Prairie property owner should not feel desperate when faced with financing a new roof. The options available include:
- The FHA 203K Streamline Program: Borrow up to $35,000 from the federal government for essential home repairs, such as roof replacement. This roof financing is added to a current mortgage, which will either increase the monthly payment or extend the life of the mortgage.
- A Home Equity Line of Credit: based on the difference between your home’s value and the amount still owed on a mortgage.
- Midwest Exteriors Plus, Inc and GE Capital: Through our extensive business dealings, we can offer our Eden Prairie roofing customers an excellent solution to roof financing. GE Capital has several options, including a No Interest Option if the loan is paid in full within a year.
These financing options should reassure you that a leaky roof does not need to be tolerated, even if you feel money is tight. With the GE Capital loan, Midwest Exteriors Plus can handle all the paperwork for you. Our estimators are well versed in the loan process and are qualified to help you with roof financing decisions. Sadly, many Minnesotans endure less than ideal housing conditions simply because they do not know their options.
State of Repair
The National Center for Healthy Housing released a 2013 report that showed outside water leaks into homes accounted for 11 percent of metropolitan-area homes’ “needed, but neglected” repairs. This rate drops slightly for suburban and rural homes, but in Minnesota, as many as 6% of homes reported water leaks that they felt they could not afford to repair.
The risks to your family’s health and the structural integrity of your home from these leaks cannot be overstated:
- Mold and Mildew
- Destruction of Drywall, Ceiling Joists, Insulation, and Wiring
- Increased Sickness, Allergic Reactions, and Fatigue Among Household Members
- Loss of Home Value for Resale
With available financing from GE Capital or other sources, Eden Prairie homeowners can get the roof repairs they need. When your roof is in need of repairs or complete replacement, contact Midwest Exteriors Plus. We can help walk your through all your roofing decisions and how to finance it.