The styles of homes in the Minneapolis area draw on all historical styles, from Modern to Mountain. New asphalt shingles can complement these styles, if the roofer and homeowner work together. With the GAF Style Guide, this task becomes easier.
GAF provides four shingle roofing lines, each offering numerous colors and styles:
- Three-Tab Roofing Shingles–basic, budget-conscious shingle roofing protection
- Timberline® Lifetime Roofing Shingles— America’s best-selling shingles
- Specialty Lifetime Roofing Shingles—high performance
- Designer Lifetime Roofing Shingles—stylish, beautiful, exceptionally durable shingles
GAF Style Guide
GAF’s Style Guide is an online tool to help you match your home’s architecture to one of GAF’s shingle roofing products. Architectural styles found on the Style Guide includes:
- Colonial—Typically rectangular, often asymmetrical with a side porch, with light colors on exterior walls accented by dark shutters
- Craftsman—Craftsman-style homes emphasize wood’s richness
- French Country—Combining stone and other masonry with a relaxed intermingling of other materials
- Mediterranean—The extravagant style is an attention-getter in any neighborhood
- Modern—Sleek lines mean every detail, including shingle choice, matters
- Mountain—Rough timber, massive fireplaces, and exposed logs add up to a year-round vacation
- Ranch—Very popular, with a lot of visible roof area
- Shingle Style—With wood shingles on its exterior walls, finding the right balance with asphalt shingles can be challenging
- Tudor—Steep-pitched roofs make the shingle choice key in harmonizing colors
- Victorian—Vivid splashes of color, delightful scrollwork, and imaginative roof profiles
For each architectural style, the GAF Style Guide steers you toward a shingle choice to bring out your Minneapolis home’s best features:
- Colonial – Select Slateline, Camelot, or Camelot II shingles
- Craftsman – Choose Timberline, Grand Sequoia, or Grand Canyon products
- French Country – Opt for Camelot, Camelot II, Slateline, or Woodland shingles
- Mediterranean – Monaco, Grand Sequoia, Grand Canyon
- Modern – Best choice? Slateline
- Mountain – Choose between Grand Canyon, or Grand Sequoia
- Ranch – Look to Grand Sequoia, Grand Canyon or Timberline shingles
- Shingle Style – Decide between Camelot, Camelot II, or Woodland
- Tudor – Consider Slateline or Camelot
- Victorian – Select Sienna or Slateline
Virtual Home Remodeler
No matter your Minneapolis home’s architectural style, you are sure to find a perfect fit among GAF’s many shingle styles and colors. You can even try out your shingle roofing choices using GAF’s Virtual Home Remodeler.
The Virtual Home Remodeler can work with a picture of your own home or you can choose from a close match from numerous house examples. You then add your shingle roofing choice, siding style, and trim colors to see the overall effect, making it so easy to visualize how your house and roof will look.
Midwest Exteriors has been designated as a GAF Master Elite Contractor. When you are looking at re-roofing, check out the GAF Style Guide and also contact us at Midwest Exteriors Plus for more information.